So I got one of the jobs I applied for. I am now a Maketing Coordinator for the biggest theater production agencies in Norway. Fucking crazy.
Now I am scrabling about trying to figure out what I don’t know but need to know before I start this job.
I am so happy but so scared. Can I do this job? What if I fail? What if this isn’t the right career path for me?
I doubt I am alone in feeling this way, at my age, just stepping into the job market FOR REAL. A propper job, with propper wages, with a ton of responsibilities and talented coworkers.
Trying har to focus on the fact that they DID hire me, and that must mean that I am capable and likeable. Having career self esteem is difficult when, like me, you have been struggeling to get into the job market.
So here are a list of things that might help:
- Set up a couple of meetings with your new boss to get to know the workspace and get an overview of what you will be working on the first week.
- Try to learn a bit morw about the company and fine tune your relevant skill set.
- Get to know you co-workers. Nothing is better than someone at the office having your back.
- Buy new office stationary.
- Plan you first day outfit.
- Start your new bedtime rutine at least one week in advance so you don’t get super tired on you first day.
- Bring something personal to you workspace to make it more your own.
- Be patient, it always takes time to get the hang of a new job.
Hope this helps, and share any tips you might have!