Starting a new job sometimes entails a new dresscode. My intership outfits were a bit on the layed back side, but my new gig requires a touch of business. Corporate dressing is not natural dressing for me, but here I have found some inspiration that I thought I’d share with you.
Today is the first day of my new job as marketing coordinator. I am scared. I feel like I have some how cheated my was into this job and now I don’t know what to do. It’s terrifying.
I haven’t switched jobs many times in my life, and this is the first job that is relevant to my education. My first grown up job. I need to stop doubting myself. I need to trust that they know what they were doing when they decided to hire me. The problem is that for the first time I want to succeed. That is what makes this feel all the more overwhelming. What have I got myself into?
I am so looking forward to decorating my new office. No matter what cubicle people tell you, and inspirational work space can do wonders for you creativity and well being.
What details do you love having at your work space?
I spent the day walking around town, spesifcally looking for a new agenda because I’m starting my new job soon. I’ve had the Ban.do agenda on my wishlist for a while, but now that I had set out to buy it the agenda was sold out everywhere. And because shipping to Norway is fucking ridiculous buying it online is a no go.
Maybe I’ll get lucky and snag up the new one coming soon!
Do you have any other tips of cool agendas?
So I got one of the jobs I applied for. I am now a Maketing Coordinator for the biggest theater production agencies in Norway. Fucking crazy.
Now I am scrabling about trying to figure out what I don’t know but need to know before I start this job.
I am so happy but so scared. Can I do this job? What if I fail? What if this isn’t the right career path for me?
I doubt I am alone in feeling this way, at my age, just stepping into the job market FOR REAL. A propper job, with propper wages, with a ton of responsibilities and talented coworkers.
Trying har to focus on the fact that they DID hire me, and that must mean that I am capable and likeable. Having career self esteem is difficult when, like me, you have been struggeling to get into the job market.
So here are a list of things that might help:
- Set up a couple of meetings with your new boss to get to know the workspace and get an overview of what you will be working on the first week.
- Try to learn a bit morw about the company and fine tune your relevant skill set.
- Get to know you co-workers. Nothing is better than someone at the office having your back.
- Buy new office stationary.
- Plan you first day outfit.
- Start your new bedtime rutine at least one week in advance so you don’t get super tired on you first day.
- Bring something personal to you workspace to make it more your own.
- Be patient, it always takes time to get the hang of a new job.
Hope this helps, and share any tips you might have!